The spring market is heating up in Birmingham. Whether you’re thinking about listing or purchasing a home (or both!), the process can be very exciting and maybe a little overwhelming—this is where a realtor can help.
See below for ways realtors can provide immense value to a buyer or seller:
1. Expertise in real estate. Becoming a realtor requires extensive coursework and training. Because realtors buy and sell homes every day, they’re prepared for any situation that may arise during the sale or purchase of a home. At Ray & Poynor, we are committed to continuing education, so our realtors are aware of the latest trends in the industry. Our realtors enjoy what they do, and real estate is more than a job to them.
2. Guidance throughout the process. The process of buying or selling a home is complex. The value a realtor can provide during a transaction is unmatched. Buying a home is one of the largest investments you can make, so it’s important to find someone you trust to help you make the right decision. A realtor can guide you from start to finish, including showing you homes, writing an offer, and negotiating a contract. A realtor also knows how to present your home when you sell so you can get the most value. Not to mention that For Sale By Owner (FSBO) homes sell for less than those that are agent-assisted.
3. Knowledge of the market. The Birmingham home market is changing all the time. Ray & Poynor is a locally owned and operated company—we’re not only your real estate resource, but also your neighbors. As of spring 2021, historically low interest rates and a lack of inventory have created a very competitive situation for those looking to purchase a home. Many homes are receiving multiple offers and selling for over asking price. A realtor can help you secure your dream home.
4. Objectivity in advice. Buying or selling a home can be emotional, and a realtor is there to manage expectations and navigate you comfortably through the process. We make a point to be in constant communication with our clients, so you’re always apprised of what is happening whether you’re buying or selling. Our realtors are open, honest and available to our clients when they need us.
5. Help in achieving your goals. Home ownership is a dream for many of us. Whatever your goal is, we want to help you achieve it. Our relationships with our clients don’t end when a sale has closed—we serve as a real estate resource for life. Remodeling a kitchen? Debating adding a back house? Please know that you can call us anytime for advice.
For more information about buying or selling a home in Birmingham’s market, call our office at 205.879.3036. We’d be happy to help!